What are the upcoming web trend business owners should be aware of? Below we have listed six to keep in mind:
- Enhanced Web Accessibility: The importance of web accessibility is on the rise, emphasising the need for websites to be inclusive for users with varying abilities. Ensuring compatibility with assistive tools like screen readers and offering alternative text for images will be a key focus.
- Prioritising Privacy and Security: With increasing concerns about data breaches and privacy, web design will put a significant emphasis on security features like HTTPS, SSL, and encryption. Adhering to data protection regulations like GDPR and CCPA will also be crucial.
- Advancements in AI and Machine Learning: The integration of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) will continue to be a driving force. These technologies will enable more personalised user experiences and streamline tasks through the implementation of features like automated chatbots.
- Rise of Voice and Visual Search: Voice and visual search functionalities are expected to gain further traction in 2023. Websites will need to optimise their content to cater to these types of searches, contributing to improved search engine rankings.
- Micro-Interactions for Engagement: Micro-interactions, subtle animations or cues that provide user feedback, will become more prevalent. Integrating these interactions enhances user engagement and contributes to a more intuitive browsing experience.
- Sustained Mobile-First Design: The practice of designing websites with a mobile-first approach will persist as a significant trend. With an increasing number of users accessing websites through mobile devices, as always, designers will need to ensure seamless experiences on smaller screens and touch interactions.
These are just a glimpse of the anticipated web trends for the upcoming period. As technology evolves, it’s likely that new trends will emerge, shaping the future of web design and user experiences.